Note: This page documented how I spent my Q2 2021. It has since been archived and I want to rethink this framework for 2022 and beyond. You can now find me here.
👋 Hi, I'm Siddharth! Currently a UX Engineer at Headout, on a mission to track everything I do. Check out progress on my work and life below:
Quantifiably improve Headout's Design → Engineering collaboration.
- Need to scope this out and set a north star, will ask @kingsidharth for help. [22/4]
- Bring 100% Parity between ██████ and ████ System from design to implementation.
Refine and prototyping process and enable more team members to do so.
- Opportunities: design system coverage, real data and structs, and localization.
- Did not make as much progress here as I'd like. [Rethink for Q3]
Kickstart ██████████ system and lay down core philosophy + guidelines.
- Started some discussions, but no tangible progress. [Resume in Q3]
Increase visibility of the Headout's Product team outside of the company.
- Will get both teams, Design and Engineering, to write 3 articles each.
- Share about my own work at Headout on more public forums.
- Combined, we wrote 3 articles, and hosted 2 twitter spaces about our work. Not bad!
Build a scalable, OS-agnostic folder structure and backup system.
- Upgraded plan and moved from Google One to Dropbox. [11/4]
- Need to research about cloud-storing Kontakt and other VSTs.
Complete Graduation Thesis — ██████████
- I need to freeze how it looks visually, which is the bulk of the project. [18/4]
- Putting on final touches and it'll be ready for concept prez. [1/5]
- Submitted! Now for the final feedback and critique week! [31/5]
- Passed the jury with flying colours [18/6]
Ship (at least) 4 Motion Design pieces this quarter (product or marketing)
- zero progress on this. [Goal Abandoned]
Learn about the new Web Animation, Web Audio and WebGL APIs.
- Finished a few courses and tutorials, time to use em on "real" projects.
- Doing fun audio work on my grad project and perhaps cool 3D stuff at work maybe
- Explored animation and audio APIs well, gave up on WebGL for now. [Resume in Q3]
Resurrect and complete modding my Casio SA-75
- Ordered parts, but some turned out defective and need replacements.
- Putting this on hold for now, will focus on grad project first. [4/4]
- Shipping still inactive. [Goal Abandoned], will revisit at a later time.
Improve Launchpad X trigger velocity threshold
- Studied the firmware, but will likely need to solve this mechanically instead.
- Solved 99% but some pads get stuck sometimes! [17/4]
- Decided to live with this for now since it plays well. Might revisit later.
Sell/giveaway Yamaha keyboard (PSR-i455)
- OLX wasn't helpful, will try to get leads from twitter, etc.
- This is still pending, have not been able to get any leads.
- Stitched a new headband, replaced the ear cushions and cable. Good as new! [29/3]
- Needed cleaning from the inside and cable replacement. Also good as new! [31/3]
🥗 Health (needs work)
Explore and try at least 2 new dishes a month
Buy new chair with proper back and lumbar support
Jugaad a standing-desk workstation and work 4 hours a day standing
- Worked wonders for a month! Upgraded to a "real" standing desk.
Spend less than an 60m a day on the phone
- Daily average: 2h 49m; Biggest offenders: Chess, Twitter [20/4]
- Now up to 3h 20m; Uninstalled Discord, Chess and Twitter before it goes too far [1/5]
- Came under 60m, then installed Twitter and Call of Duty and climbed to 2h [23/5]
- Removed Call of Duty, dropped to 1h 30m [25/6]
- Things like Spaces/CH also count here but aren't technically "screen time"
- Might have to revise this goal.[Rethink for Q3]
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Need beat Halo 2 and Halo 3 ODST on legendary
- Beat ODST [24/4], have played H2 many times and don't feel like playing it again.
- excellent campaign, and the replay value is incredible too!
- Good game overall, but an underwhelming story.
👨🔧 Personal (no progress here, rethink for Q3)
Click more pictures with my phone. Documentation > Style.
Donate all my old clothes and build a capsule wardrobe
- Parted with most when shifting from AMD → PNQ, just a few more to go!
Give away all excess stationery
- Most of it is loose so friends don't want it, will find orphanages to donate to
Start streaming regularly ??
- Want to discuss or help me with any of these? I'm @clearlysid on twitter!
- Built with 11ty and Notion, hosted on Netlify, open sourced on Github.
Have a nice day! ✌️